Monday, January 23, 2012

My bite size Pie's (My Mini Apple Pies)

Who doesn't Love Pie? I mean really... It is so amazing and tasty. But how about a bite size pie... One you can just grab and eat on the run. We here is my Bite Size Apple pies. (but you can make what ever filling you want)





Ingredients:
1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box (Or see my recipe for my Homemade Pie crust)
2 apples, cored, finely chopped (about 1/4-inch pieces)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla (See my homemade vanilla recipe)
*crushed walnuts
*Kraft Caramel Bits
***is as desired***

Step 1:
Heat oven to 425°F. Remove crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Using large round cookie cutter (i actually have a 4 set biscut cutter that i used), cut out rounds. Gather up any scraps; reroll with rolling pin and cut out more rounds. Press each crust round into ungreased regular-size muffin cup in muffin pan. (leave enough crust for tops)

Step 2:
In medium bowl, stir together apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and vanilla (also walnuts and caramel bits). Divide mixture evenly among crust-lined muffin cups.

Step 3:
Then take smaller round cutter to cut circles for the top of the pies. place them on top, use a fork to cinch sides. Take a knife to do a plus sign cut on top. I also then used and egg wash** that I brushed on the top then sprinkled some sugar on top.) **an egg beaten with a tablespoon of water or milk**

Step 4:
Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and mixture is bubbly. Cool completely in pan, about 30 minutes. With knife, loosen edges; remove mini pies from muffin cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment